City Wide Fall Clean-Up Starts September 26, 2022!
To participate, simply place your unwanted items at curbside on your regularly scheduled trash pickup day
during that week only. G F L will collect items. There is no additional charge for extra items put out during
the City-Wide Residential Clean-Up. There will NOT be a collection point behind the old City Hall in the
parking lot. Please do not take items to that site. Please remember also that this clean-up is for City
Residences with ACTIVE Trash Service only!
Some items require special preparation by you before they can be picked up:
- All items must be set at the curb by 5:00 am
- As much as possible, items need to be bagged or bundled so that the materials can be handled easily
- All lumber, guttering and other items of length must be tied in bundles and cut in 4’ lengths so they
can be easily handled
- All tires must be removed from the rims
Although we have tried to make arrangements for all of your unwanted items, there are still some things that
will not be accepted:
- NO HAZARDOUS WASTE of any kind
- NO NON-COMPACTABLE MATERIALS such as wood waste, bricks & blocks, rocks or shingles
- NO CONSTRUCTION OR DEMOLITION DEBRIS such as drywall or plywood
- NO LIQUID WASTE of any type such as paints, pesticides, oil, etc.
- NO YARD WASTE such as brush, limbs, grass or leaves
- NO CAR PARTS such as motor oil, batteries, pick-up beds, etc.
- NO CONCRETE, WHITE GOODS or large solid items that could damage their equipment
ANY ITEMS IN QUESTION WILL BE LEFT BY THE GFL DRIVER – IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
CONCERNING THESE GUIDELINES, PLEASE CONTACT THE GFL OFFICE AT (417) 413-5784
O’Reilly Automotive will accept waste motor oil for recycling (must be in an approved container). If you have
other hazardous materials that you would like to dispose of, you may contact the Department of Natural
Resources Solid Waste Department at (573) 751-5401