close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

When is the Police Department open?
Our office staff sees to the day-to-day operations of the department and assists the public, but the office is not open 24/7. Our office is open the same business hours as City Hall is open to the public, which are as follows:  

  • Normal business hours are Monday – Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
  • City Offices are closed on weekends and most Federal Holidays.  
POLICE OFFICERS ARE ON DUTY 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!

For non-emergency calls DURING business hours please call (573)346-3604 or AFTER normal business hours please call (573)346-2243.

Where is the Police Department located?

Our office is located in the lower level of the Camdenton City Hall/Police Building located at 437 West US Highway 54, in Camdenton, MO.

How do I request a copy of my police or motor vehicle crash report and is there a fee?
If you would like to request a copy of your report you can appear in person at Camdenton City Hall or you may submit your request online at If you require a "hard" copy of a report there is a fee (please see the schedule below). If you submit your request online there is no charge unless a CD or Video is requested.

Our fee schedule is listed below:

 General Reports $1.00 
 Motor Vehicle Crash Reports (minimum of 4 pages)  $2.00
 Driving While Intoxicated/Drugged (minimum of 12 pages)    $3.00
 CD of Photographs  $2.00
 Video  $5.00

If you are unsure about the associated fees or have questions, please call 573-346-3600 during normal business hours.
How long does it take to get a copy of a report?

We strive to have police and motor vehicle crash reports ready in five (5) business days.  However, it may take up to ten (10) business days depending on the work schedule and circumstances of the investigation. You can request a copy of your report online at

Can I fax my request for a police report or motor vehicle crash report?

No. Fax requests will only be accepted from law enforcement agencies.  You can submit a request for a report online at

LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES ONLY - Please fax your request to (573)346-7920 or submit via e-mail to .

How do I pay a traffic citation?
The City of Camdenton no longer has Municipal Court. Please contact the Circuit Clerk's Office at the Camden County Courthouse (573) 346-4440 Option #2 to discuss your options when paying a traffic citation.
Can I go to the Police Department to get fingerprinted?

Yes, you can come to the front desk of the Police Department during normal business hours, Monday – Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Our department is located in the lower level of the Camdenton City Hall/Police Building located at 437 West US Highway 54, in Camdenton. We do ask that you arrive prior to 4:15 PM if needing fingerprinted. 

How do I apply for a CCW (Carry Concealed Weapon) Permit?

The Camdenton Police Department does not process CCW Permits. If you live in Camden County you can contact the Camden County Sheriff’s Department at (573)346-2243 ext. 299 for further information regarding CCW Permits.  If you do not live in Camden County and would like information regarding a CCW Permit, please contact the County Sheriff’s Department in Missouri where you live. You can also view this brochure from the Missouri State Highway Patrol regarding the Missouri law on concealed weapons:

Where can I get a Criminal Record Check?
The general public can obtain a criminal record check of conviction information from:

For municipal & state convictions within Camden County:

Camden County Circuit Court
#1 Camden Court, Suite 8
Camdenton, MO 65020
(573)346-4440 ext. 3130

For state convictions outside of Camden County:

Missouri State Highway Patrol
Criminal Records & Identification Division
P.O. Box 568
1510 E. Elm Street
Jefferson City, MO 65102
(Please submit Form SHP-158E)
Where can I find the Missouri Sex Offender Registry?
You can find the Missouri Sex Offender Registry by visiting the Missouri State Highway Patrol web site at:
Where can I find local and statewide Road Conditions?

You can find local and statewide road conditions by visiting:

Can I shoot off fireworks inside the City of Camdenton?

Other than professionally operated fireworks displays approved through the proper city permit, fireworks are illegal to shoot off in the City of Camdenton. Camdenton Municipal Ordinance Section 240.010 also prohibits the sale of fireworks within city limits. For more information on this ordinance please click here:  Camdenton City Code 240.010

Does the Camdenton Police Department trade patches and/or honor patch requests?

Due to both financial reasons and security concerns, our Department does NOT honor requests for our shoulder patches.  We do not forsee any change in this policy.  Please do not email or write us requesting an exemption to this policy.