For the safety of trick-or-treaters, the Camdenton Police Department has a limited supply of FREE GLOW STICKS to help ensure every child’s visibility after dark. Pick up your glow sticks at the Police Department during business hours Monday – Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm OR say “hi” to an Officer when you see them on patrol.
There has been concern in the past regarding the large volume of vehicle and pedestrian traffic that visit Panoramic and Ha Ha Tonka Road. Last year, in an effort to improve safety and traffic flow we encouraged one-way traffic, asking motorist to enter on Panoramic and circle around exiting on Ha Ha Tonka. This seemed to work well last year and again would suggest that motorist follow the same route this year. “We hope that this simple suggestion will improve the traffic flow and make it safer for trick-or-treaters and motorist alike; Safety is our top priority!” stated Chief Wright.
Please review these simple tips on how you can help make your child safer this Halloween:
- Never go trick –or-treating alone. Go trick-or-treating with a parent or adult friend.
- Go to homes you know. Only go to people’s houses that you know and trust.
- Wear a costume that is safe. Only wear a costume that will not put you in harms’ way. Use reflective strips for visibility when it gets dark, something warm if it is cool outside, hoods and mask that do not block you vision and watch out for long loose outfits that can cause you to trip and fall.
- Have your parents check you candy. Please wait and have your parents check you candy before you eat it. You never know if anyone might try to harm you by putting something in the food or wrapper.
- Look both ways before crossing streets. Please slow down and be safe by checking both directions when crossing a street.
- Take a flashlight or glow stick. Have your parents or someone in your group bring a flashlight and/or glow sticks so you can see where you are walking and motorist can also spot you better.
- Do NOT talk to strangers! While you are out on the streets at night be cautious of anyone you don’t know paying you a lot of attention. Again, please don’t go out alone!