The City of Camdenton burn notification phone number is 346-3262. When a City resident calls the burn notification phone number it will let you know if it is currently a “Burn Day” or “NO Burn Day” for the City of Camdenton. This is decided by the current area fire danger, current weather conditions plus the weather conditions for the next 6-12 hours.
When a City resident calls the burn notification phone number and it is a “Burn Day” the caller will hear the safety guidelines. Then the caller will leave a message with their name, the location where they are burning, and a contact phone number. This recording is your burn notification and is good for that day only. This burn notification does not relieve a caller of the obligation to comply with other agencies regulations, policies or laws.
The following are safety guidelines the Camdenton Fire Department recommends:
- You may only burn small amounts of yard waste (limbs, leaves, natural vegetation)
- No burning of garbage, waste, tires, construction or demolition debris
- You must stay with the fire at all times
- You must have a minimum 3 foot clearing between the fire and surrounding area
- You must have a water source with the fire at all times (garden hose)
- You may not use any kind of flammable liquid to start or maintain the fire
- You must be at least 50 feet from all structures, propane tanks, and overhead wires.
- There is no burning on or within 25 feet of a paved City street or sidewalk
- Burning is only allowed during the daylight hours/No burning is allowed after dark
- You are responsible for the fire you start
The burn notification line is not to be used for large fires (bonfires, large tree/brush piles, land clearing, etc). In these events additional City and State paper work are needed. If you have questions about the burn notification or a larger fire please call the Camdenton Fire Department office at 346-2049 during regular business hours, which are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.