Mid-Missouri residents often admit they enjoy the best of both worlds - the benefits of living in congestion-free, family-friendly communities, but with big-city amenities just over a couple of hours away in Kansas City and St. Louis.
For spending leisure time, an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities are right here in the Camdenton area:
- Lake of the Ozarks is the Midwest’s premier resort destination with more shoreline than the state of California - 1,150 miles of boating, fishing, golfing, hunting, hiking, living and relaxing.
- The Camdenton Area is home to some of the Lake’s biggest attractions including Ha Ha Tonka State Park and Bridal Cave.
- Award winning school system in Academics, Athletics and Technology.
- A low crime rate.
- Enjoy the Dogwood Festival in the Spring and the Lake of the Ozarks Air Show in the Fall; with other area festivals occurring throughout the year.
- Venues offering professional and community theater and musical productions.
- The Katy Trail, a 225-mile biking and walking trail, the nation’s longest rail-to-trail project, with a network of community trails connecting to it; less than an hour drive from Camdenton.
By the Numbers
- The cost of living indices is 80, 20% lower than the national average.
- The housing index is even lower, at 72.
- A $200,000 home in Camdenton is $314,000 in Denver, CO; $452,000 in Evanston, IL.
- 13 golf courses within 20 miles.
- 2 State parks and 3 public parks within 10 miles.
- 3 wineries within 7 miles of town.
Situated on over 325 acres with more than 4,150 students and 780 employees, Camdenton R-III School System provides an educational system that continues to be recognized as one of the premier districts in the state. Boasting a proud and long-standing tradition of excellence in the State of Missouri, they have earned “Distinction in Performance” every year since 1995. Also included in Camdenton R-III schools is the Lake Career and Technical Center, offering courses to high school students and adults in subjects ranging from agriculture to culinary, including marine technology, metal fabrication, construction, media, health, graphics and computers.
Higher Education & Training
With 12 colleges and universities within 80 miles of Camdenton, enrolling more than 100,000 students, opportunities for advanced training and education are plentiful. Workforce demands can be met with training programs tailored to fit your business needs.
|Public Colleges: Associate Degrees||Enrollment|
|State Fair Community College||4,267|
|Ozark Technical Community College, Lebanon||12,880|
|Public Universities: Bachelor & Higher Degrees|
|Missouri State University, Springfield||20,348|
|University of Missouri, Columbia||31,237|
|Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla||7,520|
|Private Colleges & Universities: Bachelor & Higher Degrees|
|Columbia College, Lake of the Ozarks||15,570|
|Central Methodist University, Osage Beach||1,176|
|Lincoln University, Jefferson City||3,309|
|Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar||3,788|
|Drury University, Springfield||5,489|
|William Woods University, Fulton||2,264|
|Westminster College, Fulton||1,151|
Having programs in manufacturing, technology, trade and technical, OSHA and safety, and many more, State Fair Community College and Ozark Technical Community College gives students and employees hands-on training and experience they need to be competitive and productive in the area’s workforce.